As announced during our last congress in Seoul, ISIN is now ready to offer its brand-new „ISIN advanced travel grant“ of 10.000 € to international applicants. ISIN would like to thank the company Inomed for its support.
This program is not intended to be a fellowship; it does not provide a full IONM-training. It is rather supposed to help experienced monitoring personnel learn the „tricks of the trade“ in specialized centers all over the world, reflecting the high level of ISIN IONM expertise and its international character.
Thus, the IONM-experience offered is not necessarily limited to a single center. Applicants can make their individual pick from a list of IONM-centers associated with and approved by ISIN. Some of these centers may offer the whole range of IONM, and some may offer unusual expertise in specialized aspects of IONM. Applicants are supposed to stay at least for one month with each of the centers on their individual list; overall time scale of the experience with this travel grant is intended to be 3-6 months.
In order to learn more about specific details (potential help with accommodation, types of procedures/IONM offered, etc.), applicants are asked to contact the centers that they are interested in by email (as provided below).
Currently, the list of centers providing training in this program includes, but is not limited to:
- University Hospital of Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain (email)
- Inselspital University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland (email)
- Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, USA (email)
- University Medical Centre Groningen, Netherlands (email)
- Martin-Luther-University of Halle-Wittenberg, Halle, Germany (email)
- Ludwig-Maximilian-University, Munich, Germany (email)
- Mount Sinai West Hospital, New York, USA (email)
- Complejo Hospitalario de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain (email)
- University of California, San Francisco, USA (email)
- University of Verona, Italy (email)
- Medical University of Vienna, Austria (email)
In order to be considered for the ISIN advanced travel grant, you need to be/have/prepare:
- Age < 40 years
- MD or PhD
- Personal IOM-experience of >1year
- Academic or hospital based
- Letter of recommendation including:
- You have and will still have a position on return
- Letter of intent (1-2 pages) including, but not necessarily limited to:
- What do you want to learn?
- How will you apply the new knowledge?
- Which centers are you interested in?
- Type of present center
- How is IOM organized in your present center?
- How many surgeries may profit from IOM? What kind of procedures?
After finishing your training in the context of this program, you are supposed to provide a written report to the ISIN-board. In addition, we would like you to present your IONM-experience with this program to the general assembly during the next ISIN-congress, the fee of which will be waived for you.
We are looking forward to you participation. Send your application documents now to:
Groningen Congres Bureau
9724 GE Groningen
Phone: +31 50 3168877
Contactperson : Mrs. Els Jans